It is an integration of Lean, Agile, Design Thinking, and adaptive Organisation Development techniques assembled to channel and frame innovation and change, starting with needs, focusing on outcomes, and building lasting success through continuous change, deliberate realignment, and ongoing conversations.
The techniques embodied in Agendashift are being adopted across the globe and represent true state of the art.
The Advanced workshop ‘Coaching and leading continuous transformation’ is the Agendashift engagement model compressed into a highly immersive 2-day workshop aiming at:
- Launching, refocusing, or reenergising continuous transformation in your organisation
- Enhancing your organisation’s internal coaching and change management capability
- Embedding outcome-orientation and continuous transformation through leadership development
The participants in the workshop gain practical knowledge and produce artefacts of real value to the organisation. Producing them involves both new conversations and new kinds of conversation, and they look for opportunities to sustain them beyond the workshop itself.
- The managers, coaches and key experts who participate in the workshops will:
- Develop and agree on a high-level roadmap for achieving the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Develop their coaching and leadership skills in the areas of enquiry, facilitation, strategy deployment, and change leadership
Broaden and deepen their appreciation of the Lean-Agile landscape and related bodies of knowledge and their strategic application to organisational development.
Content and method
The proposed Agendashift advanced workshop comprises five key activities. These are experienced first in the workshop and then established on a continuous/just-in-time basis:
- Discovery: Getting a shared sense of where we’d like to get to, identifying needs, ambitions, and aspirations as well as shorter-term outcomes
- Exploration: With input from a specially-designed assessment, identifying opportunities for change at a more granular level
- Mapping: Visualising plans and priorities, choosing appropriate change management approaches (iterative and hypothesis-driven by default, but more linear or direct approaches where applicable)
- Elaboration: Keeping the change process fed with ideas, metrics, framing options as hypotheses and developing them as experiments
- Operation: Strategic and operational governance – maintaining both direction and the sense of progress
Ultimately, these activities (or their equivalents) and the feedback opportunities between them will need to happen continuously or regularly and will be experienced the first time through the vehicle of a workshop. This and subsequent activities create the opportunity for all participants to practice the kind of conversations that an innovation-centric Agile organisation will have by habit.
Day one of the workshop is the opportunity for all participants to practice this repeatable pattern of outcome-oriented conversations:
- Reflect on the challenge in question – the challenge being a piece of designed content brought to the workshop or harvested from the organisation itself
- Identify and clarify the obstacles stand in the way of an successful conclusion to that challenge
- Explore the landscape of outcomes to be found when those obstacles are overcome, bypassed, or ignored
Each of these generative, Clean Language-inspired conversations is capable of producing a double-digit number of outcomes in just a few minutes. These are captured in real time to be organised and further developed in subsequent exercises.
Day two of the workshop includes identifying appropriate approaches (,e.g., linear or iterative) and priorities, both achieved through modern visual mapping techniques such as Cynefin Four Points, Option Visibility Mapping (an outcome-oriented derivative of Wardley Mapping created in the Agendashift community), User Story Mapping and Impact mapping (well known in Agile and Product Development circles).
Upon specific request, the ESI CEE can customize the scope and agenda to the clients’ needs as one-day or half-day executive workshop.
Ivaylo Gueorguiev, Agendashift Partner will deliver the training. Ivaylo is a process improvement professional, Agile coach, and trainer with 15 years of experience in working with international software development companies, Fintechs, and banks on getting better projects, products, and business results through effective processes and Agile practices.