What are the Learning Objectives?
By applying essential Kanban practices, the participants in this workshop will understand and will be able to explain how to achieve:
- Shorter lead time to develop products and services as a team
- Reduced multitasking and decreased stress
- Realistic plans and a predictable, reliable schedule
- Efective replenishment (planing) of diferent work types such as development, change requests, fixes, etc.
- Strengthen the culture of collaboration, customer orientation, and knowledge sharing within the team
Price per four-hour team session 1200 BGN (614 Euro) VAT not included. Book at email@example.com or +359888919088.
How does it work?
This simulation facilitates comprehensive and realistic "learning through experience" among a team of 3-5 participants. The simulation features a simple story of events providing a light and simple context of the simulated environment. The team journey starts with working "business as usual in a push mode" and observing what causes the delays, the high workload, and the consequences of working without clear flow and customer-oriented policies. After a reflection, they define concrete actions and gradually transform to a Kanban team working in a "pull system" with WIP limits and relevant flow-oriented policies. Participants, guided by knowledgeable facilitators, "experience by doing" the critical Kanban practices such as visualization of workflow, the introduction of WIP limits, conducting team Kanban and retrospective meetings, elaboration of policies related to work types and classes of services, interpreting of Cumulative Flow Diagram and Scatter Charts, dealing with variability in the context of planning and organizing work and others.
In addition, they experience the change to the habits and behaviors of the team member. Namely, greater collaboration, knowledge sharing, and focus on understanding and meeting the customer expectations.
The team runs the simulation on a fully operational software, the leading Kanban platform Kanbanize. As a result of the simulation, the participants discover how Kanban can support effective workflow management on a team level, and they are curious to learn in-depth Kanban practices.
Who should participate?
The workshop is beneficial for various roles in the organization, such as mid-level managers, project managers, product owners, process improvement leads/consultants, organizational change agents, team members, developers, and any other team-related role. No previous Kanban/flow training or experience is required.
What is the simulation format?
- An experience Kanban professional, coach, or consultant leads the simulation and answers the participants' questions.
- Three to five participants play as a team online at a specially configured Kanbanize instance.
- The participants play between 20 and 40 simulation days in four hours, conducting four to eight review meetings.
- In three to five extended review meetings, an experienced Kanban coach facilitate in-depth discussions about applying Kanban and workflow practices.
About the Facilitator
Ivaylo Gueorguiev, Accredited Kanban Trainer and Accredited Kanban Consultant @ Kanban University, will deliver the session. Ivaylo is an agile coach, trainer, and process improvement professional with 20 years of experience working with international software development companies, Fintechs, and banks to get better projects, products, and business results through agile practices and effective processes. Find more info at https://www.linkedin.com/in/agile-coach-and-trainer/.
Ivaylo Gueorguiev, AKC|AKT, and Violeta Kyurdyan, KMP, developed the simulation. Thank you to Teodora Bozheva, AKC|AKT, and the Kanbanize team for their contribution and support!