Kanban: Optimize success by Teodora Bozheva, Associate at David J. Anderson & Associates
When: 17-18 Feb, 2014 (9:00 - 17:00)
Where: ESI CEE e-Competence Center in Business Park Sofia, Mladost 4, bldg.11B, floor 1
Instructor: Teodora Bozheva, Associate at David J. Anderson & Associates, Accredited Kanban Trainer
Kanban is a lightweight method focused on visualizing the software development workflow, maintaining a steady pace of work and balancing demand and team capacity. In contrast with other methods Kanban does not prescribe any initial changes to processes, roles and job titles. It rather concentrates on effectively eliminating impediments in the workflow in order to deliver value as rapidly as possible and to meet project and organizational objectives.
The key benefits it brings to companies are the following ones:
- Accelerates development and service delivery
- Strengthens the collaboration between the stakeholders in a natural way
- Optimizes resource utilization
- Increases product quality Kanban works both in agile and plan-driven organizations. It requires relatively little effort to put in place and is very well accepted by both small and large teams.
The following topics are covered and practices in the course:
- Moving from a "push" system to a "pull" system
- Kanban mechanics
- Desining a Kanban board
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks and blocking issues
- Establishing policies that encourage self-organization and collaboration between teams
- Metrics and control charts in Kanban
- Reducing development cycle and multi-tasking
- Lean – Kanban relationships
- Evolutionary process improvement with Kanban
This course is a must for everyone who needs to rationalize project workflow, resources and management.
Ideal for: people involved in any phase of software development from the conception of the idea to its delivery to the Client – Managers, Project leaders, Team leaders, Analysts, Developers and Quality Engineers, Scrum product owners and Scrum masters who would like to extend their knowledge in agile techniques.
Instructor: Teodora Bozheva, Associate at David J. Anderson & Associates.
Teodora Bozheva is a software process improvement professional with more than 15 years of experience working with companies on getting better project, product and business results through effective processes. Teodora applies Kanban principles and practices, Lean Six Sigma and other models to integrate the organization's processes in an efficient and manageable workflow. Teodora has strong experience in teaching professional courses in the IT domain. She is authorized by the Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Melon University, to teach CMMI courses. Additionally, Teodora conducts workshops and seminars on different subjects in the software and IT field: Kanban, Measurement and Analysis, Project Management, Requirements Engineering. Teodora is based in Bilbao, Spain.
Certificates: All participants in the training will receive a Lean Kanban University certificate and will be listed on the LKU website.
The training is part of the Lean – Kanban Week organized by ESI CEE.
Special offer: If you register for both Lean and Kanban trainings you’ll get 15% off the price for Kanban.
For additional information and registration please call +359 2 489 9740; +359 897 906 431 - Hristina Nikolova - Training Manager, ESI Center Eastern Europe, or write to: hristina (at) esicenter (dot) bg