In 2014 mobile phones will outnumber people! 2014 is the year dedicated to the mobile edition of the global contest World Summit Award.
The national selections for the mobile edition (WSA-mobile) of the global initiative for innovative applications and e-content - World Summit Award (WSA), organized under the framework of the United Nations’ World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), have started.
We are reaching out to our mobile community to help us find the most suitable applications that will present Bulgaria on the global stage.
- Preliminary Timetable WSA-mobile 2014: December – April 10, 2014: National selections WSA-mobile.
- May 2014: National expert submits the candidates for Bulgaria in the WSA database.
- May- June 2014: National nominees complete their registration in the WSA database.
- July – August 2014: WSA-mobile Jury evaluation.
- September 2014: Grand Jury meeting, Abu Dhabi.
- November/December 2014: WSA-mobile Global Congress 2014, Abu Dhabi.
- m-Government & Open Data
- m-Health & Environment
- m-Learning & Science
- m-Entertainment & Games
- m-Culture & Tourism
- m-Media & Journalism
- m-Business & Commerce
- m-Inclusion & Empowerment
WSA Bulgaria nominee conquers the global market: The 2011 high achiever Flipps (iMediaShare) is among the most successful digital startups on an international scale.
Flipps is a mobile application streaming video from your phone to the Smart TV. With over 8 million installs the application is ranked second after Apple TV with 13 million sales.(http://goaleurope.com/2013/10/10/bulgarian-flipps-known-as-imediashare-raises-funding-from-tim-draper/)
In the first edition of WSA’s initiative promoting the best in mobile content (WSA- mobile) in 2010 the Bulgarian project “SmartMuseum”, developed by Melon Mobile, was a global winner in the category„m-Tourism & Culture” (http://www.wsa-mobile.org/winner/smartmuseum-51420101104).
More information and registration for the national contest is available on www.wsabg.org.